ZTE Grand X2 was announced in August 2015 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 5.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 720 x 1280(~ 294 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7; Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 while the graphic processor is Adreno 305. The phone has internal memory of 16 GB and 2 GB of RAM. The smartphone comes with Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop).
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. For this reason, it is highly recommended to perform a hard reset. The hard reset procedure will restore all settings to original and remove the user data stored on the phone. This will prevent any infected files from damaging the rest of the smartphone, and all such viruses will be removed. When the procedure is complete, you will have a brand new phone – just like the ones you buy in the shop – so you will need to start reinstalling all apps and transferring files on it in order to use it as before.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. The first one implies the fact that the user still has access to the Android menu, and that the phone is responding to your commands:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- You will have to select Privacy.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Select Erase everything.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings