Recently released in March 2013, the Grand S is one of the newest models from ZTE. It is also highly appreciated by customers, as it is a powerful smartphone with 16 GB of storage capacity and a quad-core 1.7 GHz processor. If you are the proud owner of this device and started dealing with a variety of software problems, it might be time for you to hard reset the ZTE Grand S.
Our article today will show you how to perform the factory reset via various methods and help you better understand how it works. First of all, you should know that all viruses will be removed by erasing all user data, which means that everything from pictures and music to videos and messages will be lost by the end of the process. For this reason and for your files’ safety, we suggest you make a backup that will include all files you’d like to keep.
While running on Jelly Bean (Android’s 4.1 version), this phone has an IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors. Having not just a 3G network, but also a 4G one, it is equipped with a Wi-Fi 802 hotspot and Bluetooth v4.0. It is amazing for taking pictures and 1080p videos as it has a 13 MP camera and a 2 MP secondary one. In addition to that, the device also has FM radio, plays most music formats and comes with a wide variety of included apps.
RESTORING THE ZTE GRAND S
We promised you simple steps, so here we are showing you how to easily restore the ZTE you own. First and foremost, we shouldn’t forget about the backup we previously mentioned – this is very easy to create using the USB cable that connect the phone to any external device you want to save the data on. An alternative to this traditional method is the Phone Copy app for Android phones and tables – it can be downloaded for free from its official websites.
When you finished saving the files, you should try the following steps for the first method:
- Switch the device off, remove and reinsert the battery before getting started.
- Turn it back on and select Emergency Dial.
- Type *983*987# in the dial-up pad and wait for more instructions to come up.
- If prompted, tap Erase Everything and allow your phone to reboot.
Another method that can be used to perform a master reset is the second one that we’ll explain further. While the first one is ideal in case you forgot the PIN code, this one will be using the main menu, which is why it requires a working device. Please follow the indications below:
- Go to the Home Screen and slide the Apps tray open.
- Choose the Settings folder and scroll down to select Backup & Reset.
- Tap Factory Data Reset at the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset Phone.
- Tick the check boxes corresponding to what you accept to delete and tap Erase Everything.