With its official launch in September 2012, this high quality smartphone didn’t take long until it became one of the most appreciated models from the brand. Its 4 GB internal storage capacity, the 2G and 3G networks available, as well as the high-speed internet might be some of the reasons why. If you are the proud owner of this device and would like to regain functionality of it, we’re going to show you how to do a hard reset on the ZTE Blade 3.
Whether you just forgot the PIN code and can’t use the menu anymore, the software is taking too long to loads, apps are failing or the settings are frozen, this might be the best solution you have. There are two main ways of performing the master reset and this article is going to highlight the important details of each one of them. Before we move any further, though, you should get a little more familiarized with the specifics of the device.
Running on Android’s Ice Cream Sandwich operating system – the version 4.0 to be more precise – this smartphone comes with a TFT capacitive touchscreen with 65K colors. In addition to that, it is also equipped with a 1 GHz CPU and its primary camera is a 5 MP one attached with autofocus and geo-tagging. Having an FM radio available on the device, you can also play any music you’d like, since it supports everything from MP3 to MP4 and WAV to eAAC+.
HOW TO RESTOR THE ZTE BLADE 3
The first method that we’re going to recommend in your situation is also known under the name of a hard reset keys solution. This is because it uses the buttons placed on the exterior chassis on the phone, as shown in the Youtube video below. Before you follow any of the instructions, please make sure you save all of your important files because the procedure will erase the user data.
Try this for the option we previously mentioned:
- Turn the phone off after making a backup and remove all cables.
- Hold Power (1) and Volume Up (2) at the same time, and then wait for the Recovery Menu.
- Release the keys and use Volume Down to select Wipe Data, then confirm with Home key (3).
- The Reboot System Now option will be selected – use Home to choose it.
All user files will be lost, and the process will take approximately 5 minutes. Once the wipe is complete, the ZTE will vibrate and restart all by itself. Don’t interrupt it at any given time, and use the backup to restore the data when it’s ready. For the alternative method, we are going to use the menu, as follows:
- From the Home Screen, open the Applications Menu and go to Settings.
- Select Backup & Reset from above the System section and wait for more information.
- Choose Factory Data Reset, and then tap Reset Phone.
- On the following screen, select Erase everything; the reboot will begin.