XOLO Q600s Dual SIM was announced in June 2014 and the phone was available for sale immediately after that. It features a 5.0 inches IPS capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 540 x 960(~ 220 pixel density). Despite its strong points, this phone, much like the rest nowadays, can bring you a lot of dissatisfaction when it comes to crashing / freezing or it otherwise preventing you from opening the apps you wish.
This is why it is a good idea to appeal to an ingenious process called a factory reset using the settings menu or the phone’s external buttons. Read the full tutorial in order to understand how you can bring your smartphone back to the original settings and restore its operating system.
In case you purchased this phone and started to notice an increasing number of fatal errors, hangs, slow or unresponsive apps, it could be that your XOLO Q600s Dual SIM was attacked by a virus. Our recommendation in such situations is to do a hard reset on the XOLO Q600s Dual SIM. Hard resetting is one sure way to remove all possible viruses and refresh the operating system in order to regain functionality of the phone.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.