XOLO Q2500 was announced in March 2014 and the phone was available for sale from that moment on. It features a 6.0 inches IPS capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 720 x 1280(~ 245 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7; Mediatek MT6582 while the graphic processor is Mali-400MP2. The phone has internal memory of 4 GB and 1 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.4.2 (KitKat). Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications.
A frozen device is not such a big surprise these days anymore. Mostly anyone knows that the answer to lags, unresponsive apps and errors is to hard reset your smartphone or tablet yourself. However, the important aspect is not to follow instructions that you’ve seen used on other similar phones or you think might work on yours. This is why our article today is here to guide you in doing a hard reset specifically on the XOLO Q2500.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.