XOLO A500S IPS was announced in February 2013 and the phone was available for sale from that moment on. It features a 4.0 inches IPS capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 480 x 800(~ 233 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7; Mediatek MT6572W, while the graphic processor is Mali-400. The phone has internal memory of 4 GB and 512 MB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean). Being one of the most powerful and affordable smartphones from XOLO, this device rarely ever has software problems. However, when it happens, they tend to be quite annoying and unless you do a reset as quickly as possible, you will most probably not be able to use most apps and games anytime soon.
While the phone’s features and price may be impressive, it is just as susceptible to software errors and long-standing bugs as any other device, and if you commonly experience crashing programs, unresponsive applications and other errors it could mean that it’s time to factory reset the Xolo. While reinstalling the operating system, the reset will also solve all software issues causes by viruses, as it restores settings to the original ones and removes everything from the internal memory. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.