Looking simple, yet with a modern edge, the XOLO A500L was announced in October 2013 and the phone was available for sale immediately after that. It features a 4.0 inches IPS capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The processor of the smartphone is a Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7; Mediatek MT6572W while the graphic processor is Mali-400. The phone has an internal memory of 4 GB and 512 MB of RAM. While the phone’s features and price may be impressive, it is just as susceptible to software errors and long-standing bugs as any other device, and if you commonly experience crashing programs, unresponsive applications and other errors it could mean that it’s time to factory reset the XOLO phone.
Mostly anyone knows that the answer to lags, unresponsive apps and errors is to hard reset your smartphone or tablet yourself. However, the important aspect is not to follow instructions that you’ve seen used on other similar phones or you think might work on yours. This is why our article today is here to guide you in doing a hard reset specifically on the XOLO A500l.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.