XOLO A500 was announced in January 2013 and the phone was available for sale immediately after that. It features a 4.0 inches IPS capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 480 x 800(~ 233 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Dual-core 1 GHz; Mediatek MT6589M while the graphic processor is Adreno 203. The phone has internal memory of 4 GB and 512 MB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). The smartphone targets customers who want to have an elegant and modern device which can run as smoothly as possible and that can also be affordable for every wallet.
If you own this smartphone and would like to improve its performance, today’s article is going to present you with a safe method to do so. No matter if you forgot the PIN code, you’re planning to sell the device or you’re dealing with software problems, the best you could do is to hard reset the Xolo phone.
Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. To make sure you’re entirely aware of the effects it will have on the Xolo, we’d like to remind you that everything from contacts to documents, media files, as well as apps that you saved will not be available at the end of the factory reset. So you can avoid losing anything, you should make a backup that you can access at a later time
Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.