XOLO A500 Club was announced in January 2014 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 4.0 inches IPS capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 480 x 720(~ 233 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7; Mediatek MT6572 while the graphic processor is Mali-400. Being one of the most powerful and affordable smartphones from XOLO, this device rarely ever has software problems. However, when it happens, they tend to be quite annoying and unless you do a reset as quickly as possible, you will most probably not be able to use most apps and games anytime soon.
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. In case you purchased this phone and started to notice an increasing number of fatal errors, hangs, slow or unresponsive apps, it could be that your A500 Club was attacked by a virus. Our recommendation in such situations is to do a hard reset on the XOLO phone. There are two methods of restoring the phone to its original state. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.