Toshiba Excite Pure is one of the best choices when it comes to affordable tablets. Whenever you manage to buy this device, you will find out that it is not only well-made, but it also has great features. The amount of money you have to pay for the device will be insignificant, given the fact that it functions at an advanced level. Some of the strongest characteristics of the device are its 10.1 inches LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, as well as its internal memory of 16 GB. To make the entertainment experience complete, tough, this device is also equipped with 1 GB of RAM. Running on Android OS, v4.2.1 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.3 (Jelly Bean) and being backed by a Quad-core processor; Nvidia Tegra 3, this device is surely going to prove to be good enough to use daily.
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. For this reason, it is highly recommended to perform a hard reset
There are two ways to restore the Toshiba Excite Pure to its original state. Keep in mind that, much like in the case of a reset through the settings menu, you will lose all personal data stored on the internal memory. The first one implies the fact that the user still has access to the Android menu, and that the phone is responding to your commands:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Personal are, you will have to select Backup & reset icon.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Tablet (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the tablet is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and the Power button.
- Your device will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Using the Power button select Yes—delete all user data
- Select reboot system now
- Your device will reboot with the factory settings