Toshiba Excite 7.7 AT270 is one of the best choices when it comes to affordable tablets. Whenever you manage to buy this device, you will find out that it is not only well-made, but it also has great features. The amount of money you have to pay for the device will be insignificant, given the fact that it functions at an advanced level. Some of the strongest characteristics of the device are its 7.7 inches AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, as well as its internal memory of 16 GB, 32 GB or even 64 GB. To make the entertainment experience complete, tough, this device is also equipped with 1 GB of RAM. Running on Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and being backed by a Quad-core 1.5 GHz processor; Nvidia Tegra 3, this device is surely going to prove to be good enough to use daily.
However, when you notice that your device is performing at an undesirable rate, then all you have to do hard reset the device back to factory default settings. This hard reset procedure offers you the chance to keep all your desired contents of the SD card, so only elements that are stored on the internal memory will be affected. Before commencing, you should make sure that the device has sufficient battery (above 60 per cent) and backup everything important.
There are two ways to restore the Toshiba Excite 7.7 AT270 to its original state. Keep in mind that, much like in the case of a reset through the settings menu, you will lose all personal data stored on the internal memory. The first one implies the fact that the user still has access to the Android menu, and that the phone is responding to your commands:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Personal are, you will have to select Backup & reset icon.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Tablet (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the tablet is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and the Power button.
- Your device will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Using the Power button select Yes—delete all user data
- Select reboot system now
- Your device will reboot with the factory settings