Sony stands out with its Xperia brand producing some attractive handsets which offer a number of useful features . The Xperia T is one of Sony’s best Android product yet. The company works through the alphabet with its Xperia range of Android phones, following the recent Xperia S, Xperia J and Xperia U. The Xperia T is equipped with 4.6-inch HD screen, NFC capability, dual-core 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 processor and a 13 MP camera. The Android.1 Jelly Bean is a big update, and is powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM.
The Xperia T is a great mid-range device which had enough features to rival the best smartphones at that time, but with the passing of days it will occasionally develop a hiccup which needs to be fixed up. If your smartphone is simply frozen and won’t respond to your fingertips there is still a pretty powerful option available to fix the problem and that is to perform a factory reset. It’s also an option if you can’t get your device to power. But first you should charge your battery and backup your data. In order to do that there are a number of methods to try, so through this article we`re going to go over multiple ways to perform resets.
How to Hard Reset the Sony Xperia T
So if your device is refusing to reboot the old fashioned way try this option to soft reset. Due to this method you won`t lose any data.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” key and the “Power” key, and count to five.
- Wait for your device to vibrate.
- As soon as you feel the vibration, release the keys.
- Your device should reboot as normal.
Another method to try is the following but be careful, this will remove all data on the phone so you may need to perform a backup:
- From the home screen, press “Menu”.
- Than go to “Backup and reset”.
- Scroll and press “Factory data reset”.
- Next, press “Reset phone”.
- Than select “Erase everything” and your phone is back to factory settings.
If the phone is totally unresponsive, even after a reboot, then try the following method:
- While the phone is turned off, press and hold the “Volume Down” button.
- Then, while holding the Volume key down, press and then release the “Power” button.
- A menu should appear. Use the “Volume down” key to go to Clear Storage.
- Use the “Power” button to select the option.
- Then when asked to confirm, press “Volume Up” for Yes.