XOLO Q2000 was announced in November 2013 and the phone was available for sale from that moment on. It features a 5.5 inches IPS capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 720 x 1280(~ 267 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7; Mediatek MT6589 while the graphic processor is PowerVR SGX544. It is a high quality smartphone which makes the entire entertainment experience enjoyable. If you a proud owner and you’re facing a significant number of errors, freezes and hangs interfering with your user experience, it might be time to perform a master reset. The phone is very easy to restore to factory settings, but before getting started with the procedure, there are a few details you should know.
If the phone ever gets too slow or in case it stops working as it used to and shows error messages on the screen, it might help a lot to do a reset. While it’s very useful to perform a hard reset on the XOLO device, as it’s a sure way to solve a variety of software-related issues quickly, you should know that this will erase all your data. Once your phone will be reset to factory software, all the data stored on your phone will also be restored. In order to avoid losing important information, you should create a data backup.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.