Oppo Neo 7 4G features a 5.0 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 540 x 960(~ 220 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53; Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 while the graphic processor is Adreno 306. The phone has internal memory of 16 GB and 2 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop). The phone was designed to work fantastically well, yet, users have complained about the way in which it functions, as it can prove to work pretty slow and even get stuck in applications. Not to worry, though, as with a simple process called a factory reset, all your worries can vanish in an instant! This article will show you exactly how to do that by performing a hard reset on the Oppo phone. Before you execute such a procedure, though, it’s important to make sure that the phone is locked and fully charged.
Whenever you notice your device working slower than normal, you ought to try a software refresh. Why? The reason is due to the fact that this process can help you get rid of infections, software errors or simply delete any important data before a resell. Being very similar to a hard drive format on a conventional computer, a soft reset deletes everything and brings back the phone to a working state in a few minutes.
Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.