HTC One S9 was announced in April 2016 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 5.0 inches Super LCD3 captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 1080 x 1920(~ 441 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is an Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53; Mediatek MT6795T Helio X10, while the graphic processor is PowerVR G6200. The phone has internal memory of 16 GB and 2 GB of RAM. The operating system is AAndroid OS, v5.0 (Lollipop). As any smartphone, this phone works nice and smooth when you buy it but after a period of time, it starts to crash and freeze when you open some applications. For this reason it is recommended to perform a hard reset to the factory settings of the phone.
Why should you hard reset your ….? Because it has slown down its function, it has been virused or, simply because you want to erase everything from the phone. Be warned, any hard reset procedure wipes the terminal clean off and deletes any bytes of data from the internal memory. If you have something stored on the SD card it will not be affected, unless you specifically request so. As always, before proceeding with the steps, it’s strongly recommended to make a back-up of all files. In order to restore your device to factory settings, you have to follow the next steps:
There are 2 methods to perform a hard reset.
The first method is considered to be the easy one.
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Settings menu, you will have to select Back up & Reset icon.
- You have to touch the Reset device.
- Select Erase everything (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button Hume Button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- The process will end with the message Data Wipe Complete
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.