Samsung On7 was announced in October 2015 and the phone was available for sale from November 2015. It features a 5.5 inches capacitative touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 720 x 1280(~ 267 pixel density). As any smartphone, this phone works nice and smooth when you buy it but after a period of time, it starts to crash and freeze when you open some applications. For this reason it is recommended to perform a hard reset to the factory settings of the phone.
The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz; Exynos 3475 while the graphic processor is Mali-T720. The phone has internal memory of 8 GB and 1.5 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop). It is essential to note that, even though it was destined to function at a high speed, this device has proven to have some faults, especially when speaking about becoming unresponsive. Yet, you do not have to worry, as you can fix absolutelyall issues with a simple process called a hard reset.
Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process, as you will lose any personal data on the phone. Among the pieces deleted by such a process one can count system settings, contacts, application and the cache.
Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems.
- From the main screen, go to the Settings menu
- Touch on ‘Backup and reset’ and select the ‘Factory data reset’ option.
- Select ‘Reset device’ (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone).
- Choose ‘Ok’ and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
Here is the second method (using the device’s external buttons)
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume up key and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume keys to navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset; option and select it using the Power button.
- The process will end with the message Data Wipe Complete
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.