Being announced in October 2015 and available for release in November, Samsung On5 features a 5.0 inches capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. It runs on a Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop) and is backed up by a Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7; Exynos 3475 processor and 8 GB internal memory (and 1.5 GB of RAM). If you’ve experienced an unresponsive phone with slow performance, frozen screens, errors and similar issues, the problem might be coming from the software. This means that is not the phone itself that is getting old from a hardware point of view, but it’s a virus that attacked it. In such cases, it is recommended to do a master restore, so that you can use your device as you please.
Whenever you notice your device working slower than normal, you ought to try a software refresh. Why? The reason is due to the fact that this process can help you get rid of infections, software errors or simply delete any important data before a resell. Being very similar to a hard drive format on a conventional computer, a soft reset deletes everything and brings back the phone to a working state in a few minutes. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process.
Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems.
- From the main screen, go to the Settings menu
- Touch on ‘Backup and reset’ and select the ‘Factory data reset’ option.
- Select ‘Reset device’ (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone).
- Choose ‘Ok’ and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
Here is the second method (using the device’s external buttons)
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume up key and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume keys to navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset; option and select it using the Power button.
- The process will end with the message Data Wipe Complete
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.