Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo was announced in August 2015 and the phone was available for sale immediately after that. Some of the strongest characteristics of the device are its. 5.1 inches capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors, 1080 x 1920 (~ 432 ppi pixel density) resolution Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53; Exynos 7580 Octa processor, internal memory of 16 GB and 2 GB of RAM. The phone also has a card slot of microSD of up to 128 GB. The operating system is Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop). As any smartphone, this phone works really great when you purchase it, but, after a period of time, it starts to crash and freeze when you open some applications. For this reason, it is recommended to perform a hard reset to the factory settings of the phone.
You might think that this process is difficult and you have to go to a GSM store and pay a fortune for a hard resetting your phone, but you are able to do it by yourself if you follow a few steps. What is important to mention is the fact that if you decide to perform a hard reset on you Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo you will lose any personal data on the phone, including your accounts, your passwords, your pictures, your music and your contacts. This is the reason why it is strongly recommended to perform a backup on your phone before you start the hard reset process.
There are the two methods to perform a hard reset. The first is considered to be the easy one:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, choose Back up & Reset.
- Click on the ‘Reset device’ option.
- Select ‘Erase everything’ and then tap on ‘OK’.
Here are the steps that you need to take for the second method:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button, the Home key and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the power button.
- The process will end with the message Data Wipe Complete
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.