Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was announced in September 2013 and the phone was available for sale starting with the same month. It features a 5.7 inches capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors and 13 MP autofocus camera with LED flash. As any smartphone, this phone works nice and smooth when you buy it but after a period of time, it starts to show signs of unresponsiveness and freeze when you open some applications. For this reason it is recommended to perform an extremely easy process called a master reset.
The resolution of the display is 1080 x 1920(~ 386 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 (N9005, N9002)/ Quad-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 (N9000); Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (N9005, N9002)/ Exynos 5 Octa 5420 (N9000), whilst the graphic processor is Adreno 330 (N9005, N9002) or Mali-T628 MP6 (N9000). The operating system is Android OS, v4.3 (Jelly Bean), being upgradable to v4.4.2 (KitKat) or to v5.0 (Lollipop).
As any modern device, this smartphone can get stuck in some apps and really annoy the user with multiple errors. However, you should not worry, as, if you appeal to a quick and handy process called a software refresh, all these issues will vanish like in thin air. Read the following steps in order to figure out how to bring your device up and running in no time.
There are the two methods to perform a hard reset. The first is considered to be the easy one:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, choose Back up & Reset.
- Click on the ‘Reset device’ option.
- Select ‘Erase everything’ and then tap on ‘OK’.
Here are the steps that you need to take for the second method:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button, the Home key and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the power button.
- The process will end with the message Data Wipe Complete
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.