Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime was announced in September 2014 and the phone was available for sale starting with Octomber the same year. It features a 5.0 inches capacitive touchscreen, with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 540 x 960(~ 220 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53; Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410, while the graphic processor is Adreno 306.
Just like any other modern device, this phone can show signs of unresponsiveness after a while. You should not think that the phone is getting old from a hardware point of view, but perhaps it has been a virus that attacked it and, in order to prevent any infected files from damaging the rest of the smartphone, you ought to appeal to a smart process called a hard reset. When the procedure is complete, you will have a brand new phone. Check out the rest of the article to see which the exact steps that need to be taken to solve all software-related issues are.
You might think that this process is difficult and you have to go to a GSM store and pay a fortune for a hard resetting your phone, but you are able to do it by yourself if you follow a few steps. What is important to mention is the fact that if you decide to perform a hard reset on you Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime you will lose any personal data on the phone, including your accounts, your passwords, your pictures, your music and your contacts. This is the reason why it is strongly recommended to perform a backup on your phone before you start the hard reset process.
There are the two methods to perform a hard reset. The first is considered to be the easy one:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, choose Back up & Reset.
- Click on the ‘Reset device’ option.
- Select ‘Erase everything’ and then tap on ‘OK’.
Here are the steps that you need to take for the second method:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button, the Home key and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the power button.
- The process will end with the message Data Wipe Complete
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.