Philips W8500 Dual SIM was announced in October 2013 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 4.3 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 540 x 960(~ 256 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7; Mediatek MT6577 while the graphic processor is PowerVR SGX531u. The phone has internal memory of 4 GB and 512 MB of RAM. The smartphone comes with Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean).
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. Whenever you notice that your phone is performing at an undesirable rate, then all you have to do hard reset the device back to factory default settings.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. The first one implies the fact that the user still has access to the Android menu, and that the phone is responding to your commands. Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems.
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Personal are, you will have to select Backup & reset icon.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Using the Power button select Yes—delete all user data
- Select reboot system now
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings