Oppo R7 Lite was announced in September 2015 and the phone was available for sale from October 2015. It features a 5.0 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 720 x 1280(~ 294 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53; Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 while the graphic processor is Adreno 405. The phone has internal memory of 16 GB and 2 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop). Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications.
By doing a hard reset on the Oppo, you will bring the device back to its original software and settings. This being said, all of the files you stored on the internal memory will be erased in order for the process to be possible. There’s no reason to worry about the data you copied on the SIM card or your micro SD one, as all that is safe and can be used later on. Please make a backup of the other (unsafe) documents so you don’t lose anything.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.