Released in spring of 2014 and running on Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system, being backed by a Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A5; Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 Play processor and by the Adreno 203 graphic processor, the Nokia XL has very strong features. It comes with a 5.0 inches IPS LCD captive touchscreen, internal memory of 4 GB, and 768 MB RAM, radio, Bluetooth, internet connectivity, video characteristics and other smart solutions. Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications.
You should keep in mind that, as nice and affordable as this device can prove to be, it is important to note that, after a while, it can get stuck in some applications, freeze or work at a slower rate. You ought to note that, when this happens, all you have to do is hard reset your Nokia device to factory settings and all problems will go away.
There are two known and easy methods to perform a software refresh. The first method is also known as soft reset. Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Personal are, you will have to select Backup & reset icon.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Touch the Erase Everything section.
- Choose Ok and the process will begin.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings