Released in December 2011, Nokia Lumia 710 is a budget handset that manages to remain classy and at the same time attractive mainly to its colorful back plate. If you happen to notice a strange behavior at your phone and you want to return it to factory settings, you`re in the good place.
This article will show you step by step how to hard reset your Nokia Lumia 710 in order to get rid of all those unresponsive applications and frustrating freezes. You can apply this procedure even when you need to give or sell your phone and want to erase your personal information from it. If you forget your security password code for your phone or introduced it too many times you can do the hard reset with the methods bellow to solve the problem.
But first thing`s first: always do a backup of all your information on your SD card or other external device before hard resetting your phone, otherwise you`ll lose all data and applications saved to your phone`s memory. Only when you`ve done this, you can go on with the hard reset procedure.
The main difference between Nokia Lumia 710 and it`s predecessor, Lumia 800, is that it`s cheaper and when it comes to looks, Lumia 710 is slightly larger: 119 x 62.4 x 12.5 mm dimensions. They both feature the Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 Mango OS and the same 1.4 GHz single-core processor. The phone is highly personalized because of its changeable covers that can really appeal to young users. The screen size (3.7 inches) is the same as Lumia 800 but Lumia 710 has a TFT display instead of the AMOLED on the Nokia Lumia 800. In terms of connectivity, Lumia 710 features Wi-Fi 802.11 and a v2.0 micro USB.
How to hard reset the Lumia 710
First of all, ensure that you have the backup done that you won`t lose any personal information during the process. At the same time, don`t forget to charge your battery before proceeding. Now you can try these steps:
- First, from the start screen you must swipe right-to-left on the touchscreen and find the Settings option.
- When you`ve accessed the Setting menu scroll down and tap the About menu that is second from the bottom.
- Next, press the Reset Your Phone option, and when you read the warning about all data being erased you can press Yes. Now your phone will reboot itself and be back to a fresh state.
The second method consists in trying a key combination and, of course, at the end of the process all data will be erased.
- First of all, turn the phone off.
- Next, press and hold the Volume Down, Power and Camera keys simultaneously.
- You can release the Power button when the phone vibrates but continue to hold the Camera and Volume down keys for a few more seconds.
- After five seconds you can release all buttons and the device will reset automatically.