Nokia Lumia 625 was announced in July 2013 and the phone was available for sale from August 2013. It features a 4.7 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 480 x 800 (~ 199 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Dual-core 1.2 GHz Krait; Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400 while the graphic processor is Adreno 305. The phone has internal memory of 8 GB and 512 MB of RAM. The operating system is Microsoft Windows Phone 8, upgradeable to v8.1. The smartphone targets customers who want to have an elegant and modern device which can run as smoothly as possible and that can also be affordable for every wallet.
A frozen device is not such a big surprise these days anymore. Mostly anyone knows that the answer to lags, unresponsive apps and errors is to hard reset your smartphone or tablet yourself. However, the important aspect is not to follow instructions that you’ve seen used on other similar phones or you think might work on yours. This is why our article today is here to guide you in doing a hard reset specifically on the Nokia Lumia 625.
There are 2 methods to perform a hard reset.
First method is also known as soft reset. Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen you have to select Windows Phone Settings
- From the Widows Phone Settings menu, you will have to select About icon.
- You have to touch the Reset your phone.
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button.
- Release the buttons when your device vibrates.
- Press Volume Up then Volume down then Power button and the Volume down again.
- Your phone will reset to its factory settings.