The Motorola MOTO XT615 is a great mid-range smartphone, with the dimensions almost the same as the iPhone 4/4S. Available on the market since March 2012, it’s equipped with a 4-inch touchscreen and has a screen resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. Using this device, you can enjoy many applications and is perfect for those who want to take pictures or listen to music.
Although this smartphone features great specifications, you may notice it becomes unresponsive, freezes, or certain applications cannot be used. If you face such problems, it may be time to perform a hard reset to factory state, a process that will completely refresh the software but erase every bit of internal data in the meantime.
With a 800 MHz processor, the Motorola MOTO XT615 runs on Android OS and comes with a 8 MP built in camera, which allows owners to enjoy photography. Also, the smartphone has a built-in Mp3 player and offers a MicroSD expandable memory up to 32 GB. The storage capacity is up to 1 GB and the camera features LED flash and geo-tagging.
How to hard reset Motorola MOTO XT615
Before you begin to restore the Motorola MOTO XT615, it’s important to back up data to an external device, otherwise all your data will be lost. One of the ways to perform a reset procedure consists in using the button keys, as follows:
- Power off your phone.
- Now press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power button, until the Motorola logo appears, the moment when you should release all of these buttons.
- To enter the Recovery menu, press the Home key.
- Using the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power key to select options, chose Wipe Data.
- Confirm your option by selecting Yes and then reboot the phone.
On the other hand, if the Android system is still functional and you can use the phone, the simplest way to solve your problems is the next one:
- Enter the home screen and press Menu, then choose Settings and after that Privacy.
- Now select Factory data reset and then chose to Reset the phone. At this step, the system may ask for a password.
- Lastly, select Erase everything and wait for the phone to complete.
You could also try to to enter the code *2767*3855# into the phone dialer, this code automatically activating the factory restore process.