Released in September 2011, the Motorola FIRE XT is one of the most affordable phones from the brand which also run on a very good version of Android. I’m speaking of Gingerbread or v2.3.4 of the operating system, which is the one responsible for the high quality performance of the Motorola. The device with the XT 530 recovery code can sometimes be affected by various bugs and start experiencing errors and freezes. If that’s your case or you simply forgot the Security Password, it’s recommended to perform a hard reset on the Motorola FIRE XT.
A cold or master reset is a simple procedure that has a good reputation for efficiency, as it’s a sure way to get rid of most software-related issues fast. If you’re wondering how it works, we have to inform you that this is going to refresh the software of the phone and give you a blank memory, as well as a better functioning OS. Given this aspect of the situation, it’s useful to make a backup of the data, so you don’t lose any important files or documents.
Before learning how exactly to do all that, you should also know that the Motorola FIRE XT features a TFT capacitive touchscreen attached with multitouch – Moto Switch UI. Coming with 512 MB of RAM and 512 MB of ROM, the device also has a micro SD card that enables users to store up to 32 GB of information on it. If you’re interested in its entertainment capabilities, you’d be happy to know that the phone has two great cameras (a 5 MP one and a VGA secondary one), a stereo FM radio and support for MP3/WAV/MP4/AAC+ and many other music file types.
RESTORING THE MOTOROLA FIRE XT
When it comes to resetting the device to its factory software, the first step we suggest taking is to create a backup of all music, pictures, contacts and apps you’d like to keep. To do so, you can simply use the USB cable to connect the Motorola to a laptop or other external device. This will allow you to transfer the files on to that certain device. Alternatively, it’s also a solution to download and install the Phone Copy app that will guide you through all steps in order to save your files.
Once you’re done with the first step, you’re ready to move on to the data reset itself. This one can be performed using the main menu, in case the touchscreen and keyboard are still functioning. In case the phone is completely frozen and doesn’t respond to any of the commands, we recommend using the second method. Please choose one of the options below and follow the instructions, as indicated.
VIA THE PHONE’S MAIN MENU:
- Touch the Menu key (no. 5) and choose Configuration from the available options.
- Go to Settings and then Privacy to continue the operation.
- Tap Factory Data Reset and confirm by selecting Reset Phone.
- All the files will now be erased and the phone will reboot.
VIA HARDWARE (HARD RESET KEYS):
- Switch the phone off before getting started.
- With the device off, press and hold the: Power key, Volume Up and Volume Down buttons (no. 9 & 10) at the same time.
- When the Android logo comes up on the screen, touch Home to see the Menu and scroll down with the Volume keys (no. 10) to choose Wipe Data.
- Press Enter (no. 7) to confirm your choice and allow the procedure to begin.