The Motorola Droid RAZR M is the perfect phone for those who like smaller devices with compact and impressive design and great software features. Released in September 2012, the phone comes with a 4.3 inch display and specific Motorola design characteristics, while adding its own unique peculiarities. In some cases, after a period of frequent use, your device becomes unresponsive, frozen, or in a stat that even pressing the power button will not resolve the issue. Most likely, the owner will have to perform a hard reset, restoring the Motorola Droid RAZR M software back to factory settings.
Restoring your phone to its original state is the perfect solution to solve all your device problems and is indicated to remove everything that is added, installed, or imported on your device. It’s also important to back up all the data, as everything that is not stored on the MicroSD card will be deleted. This includes applications, contacts, text messages and even media files.
Coming with 4G connectivity, the Motorola Droid RAZR M has a capacitive touch screen and runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.A dual core processor delivers processing power with a 1500 MHz frequency and the 8 megapixels camera features autofocus and geo-tagging.
How to hard reset Motorola Droid RAZR M
The easiest way to restore your device to factory data settings is to use the main phone menu, like follows:
- From the home screen, touch Menu and then select Settings.
- After that scroll down and select Privacy, then choose Factory Data Reset.
- Now select Erase internal storage and then Erase everything.
The second way to restore the Motorola Droid RAZR M is to perform an external reset. Be certain that you have a minimum battery level of 25%.
- Turn off your phone and press the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power keys, and wait for different boot options to appear, then release all of these buttons.
- With the Volume Down key scroll to Recovery and select this option using the Power button.
- Now wait until the Dead Droid message appears on the screen and then press the Volume Up and Volume Down Key at the same time, to open the recovery menu.
- Chose Wipe Data/Factory using the Power button.
- Confirm the choice by selecting Yes.
- Wait for the process to finish and then reboot the phone.