The XT320 is the Mini version of the well-known Motorola Defy, a smartphone released in February 2012. Equipped with a dust and water resistant shell, the Defy Mini is a reliable handset with attracting features. But as all devices end up, this Motorola phone can also become unresponsive in time, perform slowly or even freeze from time to time. When this happens, the best thing that one can do is to refresh the software and restore the phone to factory settings.
By hard resetting the Motorola Defy Mini, the phone’s internal memory will be completely erased, alongside important data such as contacts, pictures, media files, videos and even applications itself. Before we head towards the instructions itself, you must acknowledge that a proper back-up must be made for all important data. Although the procedure itself will not affect the external memory card (SD), it’s safer to remove it before starting.
As for the phone itself, those who are now acquainted with the handset must know that this resistant terminal comes with a medium-sized display that measures around 3.2-inches and offers content with a 320 x 480 pixel resolution. Moreover, the panel itself is built using the first generation Corning Gorilla Glass, making it a bit tougher against shocks and impacts. On the inside you can find a single-core CPU clocked at 600 MHz and one of the early versions of Android: 2.3.6 Gingerbread.
How to Hard Reset the Defy Mini
As we mentioned in the beginning, once this procedure is started, it cannot be canceled and at the end of it, all the data existing on the internal storage will be erased. Make sure you back-up everything before following the steps below. Also, charge the smartphone to at least 70% and make sure that the Android system itself is functioning. If not, we have another guide that you can follow, right below. Shall we begin?
- From the Android menu itself, press the Settings button.
- Now go to the Privacy menu and choose the Restore to Factory option.
- Confirm the option by choosing to Clear the Internal Memory and then press on Reset Phone.
- Wait for the phone to restart and then enjoy a fresher software.
When the phone is unresponsive
This second option handles the case when the Motorola XT320 cannot load the Android platform itself, and you cannot simply access the menu. In this case, you have to do the following:
- Begin with the phone turned off.
- Now press and hold the Power, Volume Down and Volume Up buttons until the Android logo appears on the screen. You should now be inside the FastBoot menu.
- Using the Volume buttons to navigate, scroll to the Recovery option and press the Camera button to select this option.
- Select the Wipe Data / Factory Reset section and press the Camera button to confirm it.
- Wait until the phone restarts and enjoy.
Observation: When entering the FastBoot menu, if you encounter the Motorola logo twice, release the Power button after the Motorola logo appears the first time but keep the Volume buttons pressed. Also release these last two after the second time when you see Motorola on the screen.