Is your device acting up? Would you like to know how to get rid of any bugs on the Microsoft Lumia 950 Dual SIM or to make it work as nicely as possible, just like when you took it out of its box? Well… This article will show you exactly how to do this by appealing to a smart method known as a hard reset. We will go through all the steps and explaining why they have to be done in a specific way. You should pay attention to all indications and make sure that you understand the fact that this procedure will restore everything back to factory software and settings.
Microsoft Lumia 950 Dual SIM was announced in October 2015 and the phone will was available for sale starting with the last month of the year which just went by. It features a 5.2 inches IPS capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The operating system is Microsoft Windows Phone 10 and the device has two amazing cameras. The 20 MP one is the main camera – it comes with Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus, triple-LED RGB flash– while the frontal 5 MP one is definitely not worth overlooking, either.
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. For this reason, it is highly recommended to perform a hard reset.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.