Edgy and beautiful, the Micromax Canvas 5 E481 Dual SIM was announced in November 2015 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 5.2 inches capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 1080 x 1920 (~ 423 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Octa-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53; Mediatek MT6753 while the graphic processor is Mali-T720MP3. The phone has internal memory 16 GB, 3 GB RAM. The smartphone comes with Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop). The smartphone targets customers who want to have an elegant and modern device which can run as smoothly as possible and that can also be affordable for every wallet.
If you’ve experienced an unresponsive phone with slow performance, frozen screens, errors and similar issues, the problem might be coming from the software. This means that is not the phone itself that is getting old from a hardware point of view, but it’s a virus that attacked it. In such cases, it is recommended to do a master restore in order to bring the phone to its initial settings and OS. This will also remove all user data including contacts and messages.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.