Micromax Bolt Q331 was announced in October 2015 and the phone was available for sale from the moment it was announced. It features a 5.0 inches capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 480 x 854 (~ 196 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz; Spreadtrum 7731G while the graphic processor is Adreno 306. The phone has internal memory of 4 GB, 512 MB RAM. The smartphone comes with Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat). Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications.
If you often encounter freezes and lags that give you no choice but do force starts, that might be a sign that you need to hard reset the device to factory settings. During this process you`ll lose all data and customized settings stored on the memory, but at the end all problems should be gone and you`ll enjoy your brand new device. The method is recommended even when you want to give or sell your phone and need to delete all your information.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.