The Micromax A116 Canvas HD is the third model of Micromax’s Canvas series of smartphones. After a successful release in February 2013, the A116 Canvas HD has become a strong contender on the mobile phone market with its flexible hardware and full set of features. If you own one of these smart phones and notice the operating system beginning to lag or hang while processing your commands, it may be time to perform a hard reset, wiping the phone clean of your personal data and returning it to its factory settings.
The Micromax A116 Canvas is a very versatile and powerful smart phone, with a full set of modern features such as a quad-core CPU and 1 GB of RAM. It currently ships with 4.1.2 Android Jellybean and it’s upgradeable to 4.2, housed in the same shell as the Canvas 2. This makes it a true under-the-hood conversion from the aging A110 model of 2012.
How to Hard Reset the Micromax A116 Canvas HD
Despite this kind of power, your Micromax Canvas may accumulate small software errors during normal use that can, over time, lead to corrupted operating system files that cause the ever-dreaded hang, freeze, or surprise shut-down. If you start to notice this kind of behavior, it’s likely that a factory reset will resolve your problems by replacing the corrupted files and restoring your mobile phone to like-new condition.
It’s important to know that this procedure will erase all of your personal data and third-party applications. Before going any further, you must make a full backup of your user information and keep it on an external device. Once you finish the hard reset, you can restore all the data back to your smart phone and use it like normal. Once you have your backup ready, it’s time to begin:
- Turn off the phone
- Press and hold the Power button along with both the ‘Volume +’ and ‘Volume -‘ buttons until the screen displays two options.
- Press the ‘Volume +’ button to enter Recovery Mode
- When the Android icon appears on the screen, press the Power button again
- Use the ‘Volume +’ and ‘Volume -” buttons to navigate the menu. To select, press both of the touch-sensitive buttons (Menu and Back) on the bottom of the phone, under the touchscreen. You will have to hold them for a few seconds.
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset from the on-screen menu.
The phone will turn itself off and then restart like-new into a factory fresh state. All of your contacts, application and personal data will have been erased, and you can restore them back into the phone at this point. This process will have written over any dubious code that may have made its way into your Micromax Canvas phone, and from here on out it should run as smoothly as it did the day you got it.