Oppo R5s was announced in August 2015 and the phone was available for sale from August 2015. It features a 5.2 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 1080 x 1920(~ 424 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53; Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 while the graphic processor is Adreno 405. The phone has internal memory of 32 GB and 3 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v4.4.4 (KitKat). Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications.
If you often encounter freezes and lags that give you no choice but do force starts that might be a sign that you need to hard reset the device to factory settings. During this process you`ll lose all data and customized settings stored on the memory, but at the end all problems should be gone and you`ll enjoy your brand new device. The method is recommended even when you want to give or sell your phone and need to delete all your information.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.