HTC 10 was announced in April 2014 and the phone was available for sale from May 2016. It features a 5.2 inches Super LCD5 capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 1440 x 2560(~ 565 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo and a Dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo; Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820. The phone has internal memory of 32 GB or 64 GB and 4 GB of RAM . The operating system of the device is Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow). The smartphone targets customers who want to have an elegant and modern device which can run as smoothly as possible.
If you often encounter freezes and lags that give you no choice but do force starts, that might be a sign that you need to hard reset the HTC 10 to its factory settings. During this process you`ll lose all data and customized settings stored on the memory, but at the end all problems should be gone and you`ll enjoy your brand new device. The method is recommended even when you want to give or sell your phone and need to delete all your information.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. The first one implies the fact that the user still has access to the Android menu, and that the phone is responding to your commands:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Settings menu, you will have to select Backup & Reset icon.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings