LG Stylus 2 is one of the best choices when it comes to affordable smartphones. Whenever you manage to buy this smartphone, you will find out that it is not only well-made, but it also has great features. The amount of money you have to pay for the device will be insignificant, given the fact that it functions at an advanced level. LG Stylus 2 was announced back in June 2016 and it was a huge success for the company. But as you know, with time, everything starts malfunctioning. Therefore, opting to hard reset the device may be the smartest thing to do.
When you consider that your device needs a factory reset, you should know that you can perform this process on your own, without requiring any IT skills. You also don`t have to go to a specialized service and wait long hours for a whole team to bring the device to its original settings. An important thing to take into consideration is the fact that this method will erase any personal data you might have on your device. For this reason, a backup is required before you start. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to restore the phone to its factory settings:
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. The first one implies the fact that the user still has access to the Android menu, and that the phone is responding to your commands:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- You will have to select Privacy.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Select Erase everything.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings