LG Stylo is one of the best choices when it comes to affordable smartphones. Whenever you manage to buy this smartphone, you will find out that it is not only well-made, but it also has great features. The amount of money you have to pay for the device will be insignificant, given the fact that it functions at an advanced level. LG Stylo was announced back in April 2016 and it was a huge success for the company. But as you know, with time, everything starts malfunctioning. Therefore, opting to hard reset the device may be the smartest thing to do. Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications.
If the phone ever gets too slow or in case it stops working as it used to and shows error messages on the screen, it might help a lot to do a reset. While reinstalling the operating system, the reset will also solve all software issues causes by viruses, as it restores settings to the original ones and removes everything from the internal memory.
There are two ways to restore the phone to its original state. The first one implies the fact that the user still has access to the Android menu, and that the phone is responding to your commands:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- You will have to select Privacy.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Select Erase everything.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings