The LG Optimus G E970 was launched at the end of the year 2012 to become one of the most admired smartphones from LG Electronics. Coming with similar features to the LG Optimus G LS970 that is considered to be its sibling, the device has a very good reputation. However, if you own this phone since over two years, you might have experienced a few software issues.
If that’s the case, today’s topic will be centered on showing you what the best solution for this problem is. We recommend performing a hard reset on the LG Optimus G E970, but before learning how to do this, there are a few details you should know. Although a highly efficient procedure that gets you rid of all software problems, you should understand that this will also erase all of the data stored on the memory of the phone.
The present article is going to explain how to protect the data from being lost, as well as show you how to do a master reset. Before getting there, though, the specifications of the LG Optimus are also important to know. First of all, the phone is equipped with a 4.7 inch True HD IPS LCD touchscreen, an internal memory of 16 GB and 2 GB of RAM. The device runs on Android OS V4.0 upgradable to v4.1.2 and has an 8 MP rear-facing camera, as well as a 1.3 MP front-facing one.
How to Restore the LG Optimus
To avoid losing any files during the process, it’s indicated to make a backup of the data. This is simple to do using an external device (a PC, a micro SD card) or my transferring it onto a cloud. Once you’re done resetting the device, you can restore all the documents back onto the phone.
To restore the device to factory settings, follow the instructions:
- Before getting started, turn off the phone’s handheld.
- Press and then hold the Power key (1) and Volume Down button (2).
- Release both keys when the Recovery Menu pops up.
- Read the on-screen warning and press Power to confirm.
- Press the Power key once again and allow the reboot to begin.
Another method to do the same thing on the LG Optimus is done via the phone’s menu, as follows:
- Slide the Main Menu open and go into the System Settings.
- Choose Back up and Reset then press the Factory Data Reset tab to move on.
- Confirm that you’d like to Reset Device and then Delete all.