LG Optimus Black P970 was announced back in January 2011 and was available for sale in May 2011. It features a 4.0 inch PS LCD capacitive touchscreen of 16 million colors. Even if it was one of the best smartphones available on the market back in 2011, time flew by and, therefore, it currently may not function at its optimum level. In this case, trying to hard reset the LG Optimus Black may solve some frequent issues.
The phone comes with Android 2.2 Froyo installed and can be upgraded to Android OS 4.0(Ice Cream Sandwich). It is powered by a 1 GHz Cortex-A8 processor. The device has a memory of 2 GB (only 1 GB available for the user), yet it has micro SD support of up to 32 GB.
It is worth mentioning the fact that the device has a camera of 5 MP, which features autofocus, LED flashlight, geo tagging and face detection. When it comes to video recording, the LG smartphone is able to video record at a resolution of 720p@30fps. Another important feature worth noting is the 2 MP camera which can be found on the front panel of the phone. Despite the fact that this device was meant to be one of the best smartphones on the market, it has a tendency to freeze when you open some applications. For this reason and for many others, you should consider soft restoring your LG.
How to restore the LG Optimus Black P970
You can perform this process by appealing to two different methods. It is important to mention the fact that bringing your device back to factory settings will make you lose every personal data on your phone, here including your contacts, your pictures, your accounts and so on.
The first method allows you to have access to the Android Recovery Menu:
- After you turn off your device, press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down key.
- When the LED on the bottom of your device lights up, release these buttons and press the Home button for about 2 seconds.
- The phone will perform a Factory reset.
- Press the Power button and the Volume Down when the LG logo appears for an instant and release them before the logo disappears.
The other method of restoring your device is much easier:
- Press the menu button and touch Settings.
- Now access the Back Up section and press reset, then make your way to the Data Factory Reset section.
- Confirm by choosing Reset.