Today we’re going to talk about the first smartphone with a 3D screen and effect available in the world – the LG Optimus 3D P920. Launched in July 2011, the device is known to have a good web and social interface, while most customer reviews show they’re happy with the amazing capabilities of the display.
However, no smartphone is perfect, and no device can last forever. If you somehow forgot the password, have been dealing with software problems or would simply like to make the phone work just as it did when you bought it, you’re in the right place. This article is going to show you how to perform a hard reset on the LG Optimus 3D P920, this being a very efficient procedure, that solves all software-related issues and erases the phone’s memory.
With a 4.3” LCD capacitive touchscreen attached with Gorilla Glass protection, the device runs on Android Froyo and can have its OS upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich. Part of the most relevant features of the phone, it has a dual-core 1 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM and a card slot for external micro SD cards. Coming with a 5 MP primary camera, as well as a secondary one, the LG Optimus enables users to take stereoscopic pictures and videos.
Restoring the LG Optimus 3D
You might have noticed that at the beginning of the article we said something about data loss. It’s true that the master reset process is going to wipe down everything that you stored on the internal memory of the phone, but there’s nothing you should worry about. To avoid losing any pictures, photos or important apps, all you have to do is create a backup on an external device, such as a PC or micro SD card. You can also use the Phone Copy app to copy the same files.
As you may already know, most smartphones can be reset using the Main Menu. This can be done in a similar way on the LG Optimus 3D:
- Go to the main Home Screen and open the Menu (3).
- Open the Settings folder and go to Privacy.
- Select the Factory Data Reset options and confirm by tapping Reset Phone.
- If prompted, press Erase Everything and wait for the reboot to get started.
If the device is frozen, you can try the following:
- Turn the phone off, remove and re-insert the battery.
- Hold the Home key (4) and Volume Down (2) button at the same time.
- While still pressing the two keys, also press and hold the Power button (1).
- The reboot will automatically start; follow any additional on-screen instruction to complete the reboot.