LG Nitro HD was announced in November 2011 and the phone was available for sale from December 2011. It features a 4.5 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 720 x 1280(~ 326 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Dual-core 1.5 GHz Scorpio; while the graphic processor is Adreno 220. The phone has internal memory of 8 GB and 1 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v2.3.5 (Gingerbread), planned upgrade to v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). The smartphone targets customers who want to have an elegant and modern device which can run as smoothly as possible and that can also be affordable for every wallet.
Having software problems with your device is something absolutely normal, and it happens even with the best of devices. You should not worry much if the phone needs to be hard reset to its default settings, as this is a quick a safe operation that will get you rid of any virus while reinstalling the OS. There are two options when it comes to restoring this phone to its factory settings. The same as it works with other LG devices, you can either use the master reset keys on the outside of the case or take advantage of the phone settings in order to erase the data and bring the phone to its original state.
Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.