LG Lucid 3 VS876 was announced in April 2014 and the phone was available for sale from April 2014. It features a 4.7 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 540 x 960(~ 234 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz; Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 while the graphic processor is Adreno 305.
Those who still own this wonderful piece of craftsmanship might notice that in time, the device had begun to function more slowly. For instance, some applications fail to start properly or do so with great delays, the Android itself became glitchy or even in some cases, unresponsive. In that fashion, we strongly suggest performing a hard reset. While our main focus will be on explaining how to do a master or hard reset on this device, we’d like to make sure that we take all possibilities into consideration. For this reason, a key element to doing the right thing for the right phone is to understand exactly how it works and what might be wrong with it.
Generally speaking, a restore is recommended when the device stopped working properly, it lags or restarts by itself, blocks in the middle of you doing something or you suspect it might have been attacked by a virus.
Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.