LG G4 Stylus was announced in April 2015 and the phone was available for sale from May 2015. It features a 5.7 inches IPS + LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The phone has an internal memory of 8 GB and 1 GB of RAM, but it also features a microSD slot card of up to 128 GB. The operating system is Android OS, v5.0 (Lollipop) and the customers highly appreciate the two amazing cameras it comes with. The 13 MP one is the main camera – it comes with auto focus and LED flash and also takes video – while the frontal 5 MP one is definitely not worth overlooking, either.
However, when you notice that your phone is performing at an undesirable rate, then all you have to do hard reset the device back to factory default settings. This hard reset procedure offers you the chance to keep all your desired contents of the SD card, so only elements that are stored on the internal memory will be affected. Before commencing, you should make sure that the device has sufficient battery (above 60 per cent) and backup everything important. You can do this on a hard drive or any other external accessory.
There are two methods to hard reset your LG G4. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems, also known as the soft one:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Settings menu, you will have to select Back up & Reset icon.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Erase everything (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
The second Method, the hard one:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- The process will end with the message Data Wipe Complete
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings