Being announced in July 2014 and available for sale from August 2014, LG G3 S features a 5.0 inches IPS + LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. If you’ve experienced these problems, then this means that is not the phone itself that is getting old from a hardware point of view, but it’s a virus that attacked it. In such cases, it is recommended to do a master restore. This will also remove all user data including contacts and messages. Read the full tutorial to learn how to deal with these issues.
The resolution of the phone’s display is 720 x 1280(~ 294 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7; Qualcomm MSM8926 Snapdragon 400, while the graphic processor is Adreno 305. The phone has an internal memory of 8 GB and 1 GB of RAM. It is worth mentioning the fact that this device features a microSD memory card slot of up 64 GB. The operating system is Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to v5.0.2 (Lollipop). When your phone crashes, freezes or becomes unresponsive, all you may have to do is to hard reset the device back to factory default settings. This hard reset procedure offers you the chance to keep all your desired contents of the SD card, so only elements that are stored on the internal memory will be affected. Here are the steps that you need to take into consideration:
First method, also known as soft reset can be performed if you follow a few steps:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Settings menu, you will have to select Back up & Reset icon.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Erase everything (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
Here is the alternative method to bring back your device to its original state:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- The process will end with the message Data Wipe Complete
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings