LG G Vista 2 was announced in October 2015 and the phone was available for sale from November 2015. Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. For this reason, it is highly recommended to perform an ingenious process called a master reset.
You should keep in mind that the LG G Vista 2 features a 5.7 inches IPS + LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 1080 x 1920(~ 386 pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53; Qualcomm MSM8952 Snapdragon 617 while the graphic processor is Adreno 405. The phone has internal memory of 16 GB and 2 GB of RAM. The operating system is Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop).
Soft resetting your smartphone is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, the smartphone will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems. First method, also known as soft reset can be performed if you follow a few steps:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Settings menu, you will have to select Back up & Reset icon.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Erase everything (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
Here is the second method:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- The process will end with the message Data Wipe Complete
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings