LG Escape P870 was announced in September 2012 and the phone was available for sale immediately after that. It features a 4.3 inches captive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 540 x 960(~ 256 ppi pixel density). The processor of the smartphone is a Dual-core 1.2 GHz Krait; Qualcomm MSM8960L Snapdragon S4 Plus while the graphic processor is Adreno 225.
The phone has internal memory of 4 GB and 1 GB of RAM. It was one of the best devices when it was released but, as any other smartphone, after a period of time it starts to freeze when you open some applications. Another problem worth mentioning is the fact that, from time to time, the device is slower than usual. If you are wondering what you can do in order to improve the performance of your phone, you should know that you can hard reset the phone to its factory settings. This process can be done by each and every user with no problem.
If you’ve experienced an unresponsive phone with slow performance, frozen screens, errors and similar issues, the problem might be coming from the software. This means that is not the phone itself that is getting old from a hardware point of view, but it’s a virus that attacked it. In such cases, it is recommended to do a master restore in order to bring the phone to its initial settings and OS. This will also remove all user data including contacts and messages.
There are various ways to restore your device and our simple guide is going to focus on two of them – the first one uses the phone’s main menu while the second one is suitable in case the phone is entirely frozen. First and foremost, though, it is important to remember that all files will be lost by the end of the process. To save your documents, you should transfer them to a separate folder on a cloud or an external device, such as a computer.
Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen, you have to select Settings.
- From the Settings menu, you will have to choose the ‘Back up & Reset’ icon.
- Click on ‘Factory data reset’.
- Choose Ok and wait for the device to reboot.
The second method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. It is especially suitable for a phone that does not respond to any commands – a frozen display and no reaction to most keys on the keyboard are a clear sign of this. Please do the following in this situation:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, the Home button and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume button, navigate to the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option and select it using the Power key.
- The process will end with the message ‘Data Wipe Complete’.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.