The Lenovo A820 is a dual-SIM phone appreciated for its high performance at a very low price, coming with a good price/quality ratio. Released in March 2013, this device looks just like any other Lenovo models and comes with a fat battery that last over 24 hours, which is very impressive for a smartphone. A very important feature of this phone is that you can set it to automatically shut down and on at specific times of the day or on specific days of the week. Therefore, it is perfect if you do not want to be disturbed by different notifications in the middle of the night or you want to save your battery.
Although this device is a great phone, sometimes it happens to become unresponsive and you may notice that your device is not working properly; error messages appear frequently or the user experiences longer loading times. In this case, it’s necessary to perform a hard reset procedure that will restore the Lenovo A820 to factory settings.
The Lenovo A820 comes with an ARM Cortex A7 MP Core processor of 1.2 GHZ. Besides that, it’s packed with 1 GB of RAM and 4 GB of memory with a Micro SD card port. The IPS capacitive touchscreen supports multi-touch and the 4.5 inch diagonal is a great size. Also, this phone runs on Android Operating System Jelly Bean, which is a great feature.
Restoring the Lenovo A820
Restoring this phone to its original state is necessary if you encounter different software problems, caused by some applications that can harm your device. The master reset instructions are the following:
- Turn off the device.
- Now press the Volume Up and Down keys, alongside the Power key, and keep them pressed until a menu appears on the screen.
- Using the Volume buttons to navigate, scroll to Wipe Data/Factory reset and use the power key to select it.
- Wait for the process to complete and let the smartphone reboot.
Another way to restore the device to its original state is the next one:
- Enter the phone menu and select Configuration.
- Choose Privacy and after that go to Personal Data > Factory Reset > Phone Reset
- Lastly, choose Wipe Data to confirm and your device will restart.