Released in May 2012, the Huawei U865 is a youth orientated phone, running on Android v2.3. If you often encounter freezes and lags that give you no choice but do force starts, that might be a sign that you need to hard reset the Huawei U865 Ascend Y200 to factory settings. During this process you`ll lose all data and customized settings stored on the memory, but at the end all problems should be gone and you`ll enjoy your brand new device. The method is recommended even when you want to give or sell your phone and need to delete all data to avoid getting them in the wrong hands.
So it is advisable that you back all your information including messages, contacts, media before going any further, to make sure that they are safe. Only then you can go on with one of the following methods.
The Huawei U865 seems to be a copy of most Huawei Gingerbread devices regarding its features, and it’s considered a low-end device. It measures 116x 60.4 x 11.7 mm and 120 g weight. It has a Capacitive Multitouch and a 3.5-inch HVGA display, 3.2 MP fixed-focus camera and 1GHz, single-core processor. The 1,400mAh battery lasts up to 220 hours.
Restoring the Huawei Ascend Y200
First of all, don’t forget to backup all your data to avoid the risk of losing anything important and only then you can follow the hard reset steps. This method uses the hardware buttons and works when the phone is unresponsive and you can`t access the menu of the device. Make sure you have the battery charged because if the phone turns off unexpectedly during the process, your device may be affected. Now you can try the following procedure:
- First, pull out the battery and reinsert it after a few seconds.
- Next, press and hold the Volume up and Power button, simultaneously, for about 15 seconds until the Android recovery menu appears.
- Now, using the Volume down to scroll, choose Factory reset/wipe data and select this option by pressing the Power button.
- Select Yes – delete all user data, using the Power button.
- Next, scroll and select Reboot system now to confirm.
Now the phone will reboot to the factory settings and the process is complete.