Huawei P8lite was announced in April 2015 and the phone was available for sale from May 2015. It features a 5.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The smartphone targets customers who want to have an elegant and modern device which can run as smoothly as possible and that can also be affordable for every wallet.
As it happens to the best of devices, though, it can sometimes be attacked by a virus. In this case, you have to know how to master reset the P8lite. You should keep in mind that the master reset will remove everything saved onto the internal memory and will restore the Huawei to its original settings, so all apps will be lost, too.
Even if it was designed to work at an optimal level, as any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. For this reason, it is highly recommended to perform a master reset. Whenever you notice that your phone is performing at an undesirable rate, all you have to do hard reset the device back to factory default settings. What we consider key to understand before you follow the instructions, though, is that this procedure will restore the OS to original and will do the same with the settings. This also means that the files on the internal memory will disappear by the end of it, so it is your responsibility to back them up. There are two methods to perform a hard reset.
First method, also known as soft reset can be performed if you follow a few steps:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Personal are, you will have to select Backup & reset icon.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone (remember that you will lose any personal data on your phone)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your phone will reboot with the factory settings.
- Your phone will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
Here is the second method:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your phone will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your phone will reboot with the factory settings