Huawei MediaPad M1 was announced in February 2014 and the device was available for sale from May 2014. It features an 8.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with more than 16 million colors. The resolution of the display is 800 x 1280(~ 189 pixel density). The tablet has internal memory of 8 GB and 1 GB of RAM. The device comes with Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).
As any tech product on the market, it starts to work slower than usual after a period of time and even to freeze whenever you open some applications. For this reason, it is highly recommended to perform a master reset. As you definitely know already, a master or hard reset operation will bring the device back to factory software, so all settings that you changed since you purchased your tablet will not be valid anymore. Apps will also be erased, so you’ll need to reinstall them, and all important files that you saved or downloaded have to be transferred to a backup that you’ll use to restore these documents after the reset is done.
There are 2 methods to perform a hard reset.
First method, also known as soft resetting is a method very much alike to a hard drive format on a conventional computer. Whilst everything important is deleted, your Huawei MediaPad M1 will be brought back to a working state in an instant. You need to keep in mind that a backup is recommended before beginning this process. Here is the first method to bring back your device to a functional state and get it up and running without problems:
- From the main screen you have to select Settings
- From the Personal are, you will have to select Backup & reset icon.
- You have to touch the Factory data reset option.
- Select Reset Device (remember that you will lose any personal data on your tablet)
- Choose Ok and the process will begin. Your Huawei MediaPad M1 will reboot with the factory settings.
- Your device will restart and it will start up with the factory settings.
Here is the second Method:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and the Power button.
- Your tablet will reboot in Recovery mode. Use the Volume buttons to navigate in the menu and the Power button to select an option.
- Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option and select it using the power button.
- Your device will reboot with the factory settings